Buddipole Tweaks

I was going to try and adjust the loading coils on the homebrew Buddipole but after reviewing the SWR plots in more detail I have decided against this. The resonance point is on the high end of the band but I’ll be operating mainly voice. The SWR is below 1.6 across the band and the reactance is within ±3 Ohms of the resonance point. Better to leave it alone at this point.

I did add a couple of cable ties to the arm to allow me to better control the antenna swinging in the wind. I am working to build another 1:1 current balun which I will replace the BNC to binding post adapter I am runing now. It will be interesting to see if adding this balun will change the SWR curve. Here are the current curves:

BUDDIPOLE CustomBUDDIPOLE CustomA

Hopefully I can retest the deployment of this antenna this weekend perhaps at 20 ft and with luck maybe at 30 feet on the military mast.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: