RFI Rears it’s Ugly Head Again

Started noticing RFI issues again after I swapped out the LDG tuner for the new MFJ. Problems were noted mainly on 40m and below this time. I also noticed the tuner would not find a good match on 15m and 17m. I checked all the connections today as well as the cable routing today. I found a subtle problem with one of the patch cables I was using in which the connector was rotating a bit. I replaced it and the RFI went away on all bands but 80m. The tuner now seems to be finding a match on 15m and 17m without any issues. Looks like everything is running well again now.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: