DIY Buddipole Progress

Finally started working on a DIY Buddipole this weekend. My first steps were to work out the mast issues. I have a painters pole that extends from 8 feet to 23 feet as well as a speaker PA tripod. To get these two components to mate, I had to first remove the rubber hand grip from the bottom of the painters pole.The tripod has a center tube that telescopes in and out of the tripod itself. I removed this and moved the top cap to the bottom of the tube, then reinserted into the tripod. Now the Painters poles will fit into this tube albeit tightly. I am thinking that some Vaseline or WD-40 on the painters pole will help facilitate removal. Next I installed a hose clamp with cables ties and “D” rings as before for guy line attachment. I have 25 feet of guy lines on kite winders ready to go for guying this mast. Finally is the painter pole to 1/2″ pipe thread adapter I purchased from Buddipole.The pole looks pretty sturdy and I am pretty confident it will work good up to 16 feet. Will have to test carefully whether it can be extended the full 23 feet.

On the Buddistick side, I mounted the 3/8″ nut to the 1-1/4″ pipe caps. I have cut the coil forms to three inches long. and tested the overall fit. I now need to wind and test the coils, install the aluminum tubes and set up the wiring. Hopefully will have this completed for the weekend. Will post pics soon.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: